Linking London | News | September 2019: London NCOP - Linking London Update

Document Actions

London NCOP - Linking London Update

Over the summer we have taken time to analyse our engagement from last year and set targets and working plans for this academic year. We are very happy to report that in the academic year 2018-2019, Linking London engaged 251 NCOP ward learners and 779 non-ward learners on our programme of activity.

This is 18% of the total ward learner population in FE and Sixth Form Colleges in London (according to available figures), just 2% under the 20% target set by the OfS. This academic year we hope to increase this figure and have been working closely with our college based engagement officers and HEI partners to put together a full programme of activity to engage and progress learners. 

A key part of our work this academic year will involve very close links with our partner universities who have designed and developed projects in liaison with our NCOP partner colleges, currently Havering Colleges, Barking & Dagenham College, Coulsdon Sixth Form College and Richmond Upon Thames College. Projects with our partner universities include; a study skills and progression support programme to maximise student success led by St Mary’s University Twickenham, an ‘A to Z of HE’ project led by Middlesex University London which includes a number of subject specific sessions for students as well as staff support, a project led by Ravensbourne University London focusing on IAG for the creative industries and includes support for students, their families and teachers, and an innovative project led by the University of the Arts London that places creative undergraduates in colleges for periods of 6 weeks to provide students with bespoke support as well as supporting teachers in enhancing the curriculum in creative teaching subject areas. In addition, following the success of the schools this year, we will again run a summer school with the University of East London. A further 3 project bids from our 3rd round of bidding have been received and we hope to provide details of these in our next monthly update.

Finally, Linking London is working closely with the other 2 networks that make up the London NCOP - Access HE and AimHigher London to set up an Outreach Hub for London that will help teachers and advisors find out about the outreach activity available in London, support schools and colleges to access information about higher education and provide a platform for local collaborative activity. This includes a website (currently in process) and new staff have been recruited to each network to collaborate with identified schools and colleges to provide signposting and setting up a collaborative infrastructure.

If you are interested in finding out more about Linking London’s NCOP and how you can get involved, please do get in touch with our Programme Manager, . Please do also keep up to date with our NCOP by looking at our NCOP tab on the Linking London website.

Navigation

Media - Pile of Newspapers

Press - Typography

Media - Pile of Newspapers

Press - Typography