28 February 2017: What is happening with HE in London?
HE in London was created using HEFCE funding through the NNCO programme which ran from January 2014 to December 2016.
Although the HEFCE programme has now come to an end, we are pleased to let you know that the HE in London website will continue. It will be managed by Linking London, hosted by Birkbeck, University of London with support from AccessHE and Aimhigher London South.
It will continue to provide a source of information to all school and college teachers, advisers and tutors so that they can find important information that will help them give advice to learners thinking about progressing to higher education.
For schools and colleges HE in London provides:
- An activity search facility where you can search for outreach events taking place organised by our partner HEIs across London. You can search by HE providers, subject area, or year group and specify if you want the activity delivered at your school/college or would like to visit the HE campus. At the moment we have well over 100 different events listed for your learners to get involved with. If you can’t find an event to suit your learner's needs then you can request a bespoke event using the ‘request an event’ button.
- We have a HE in London progression time line to help you plan activities to inspire your learners to think about progressing to HE.
- Key outreach contacts details for HE providers within London to enable you to directly get in touch and arrange activities.
For Higher Education Institutions HE in London provides:
- An activity form for you to send us your outreach activities which we will upload to the site to advertise your events to schools and colleges.
- A news section where we can promote special events or messages to our school and college contacts.
Linking London is committed to the continuation of this site and we would encourage you to go to the website and explore it for yourself. We are keen to hear from you if have any comments about the site or how you can use it.