Support for our higher education providers in meeting access agreement requirements to address issues in relation to student access, retention and success
This work strand focuses on the three main areas: access, retention and student success, and progression to further study or to/within employment and will include:
- Support and co-ordination of a targeted outreach and collaborative partner IAG offer to enable partner institutions to meet and surpass the new OFFA/HEFCE guidance, in particular in the area of collaborative targets
- Opportunities to share issues, concerns and best practice in enhancing access, retention and student success through staff development activities, evaluation and proving impact
- Opportunities to continue to identify and share best practice in retention work in FE and HE, both within the partnership and nationally, and explore issues and potential solutions to support learners through the whole learner journey, including the transition from FE to HE and to becoming ‘independent learners’ as well as progression onto graduate employment.
- Continued support to broker and embed progression agreements ensuring that these are effectively monitored to enable HEIs to evidence them as part of their widening participation and outreach offer
- Look at alternatives to the full-time model of HE, part-time, Higher Apprentices as well as post graduate study and employment and work with partners to explore collaboration in these areas.