Qualifications - change and reform, including progression from technical (occupational), applied general and academic qualifications
With a focus on Level 3 qualifications including Access to HE, BTEC, City and Guilds TechBac, A level and Apprenticeships, this work-strand will:
- Provide a qualification practitioner group to address specific issues in relation to BTEC qualifications, Access to HE Diplomas and City and Guilds TechBac qualifications.
- Provide updates on changes and policy developments relating to qualifications and opportunities to identify issues and share best practice.
- Monitor, with partners and Awarding Bodies, the consequences of changes in qualifications on recruitment, student behaviour, retention, and progression
- Target work with Admission Tutors to ensure they are up to date.
- Work with partners to identify progression opportunities for learners through the development of new progression agreements, as required, and support the effectiveness of existing ones.
- Provide opportunities to share best practice in admissions and IAG in relation to qualifications and progression to HE, including work with unionlearn.
- Liaise with the NAS, the TUC, UVAC and employers to facilitate further partner engagement with apprenticeship development
- Build on the work completed to date on the Apprenticeship Admissions Pledge to ensure apprentices are aware of the HE progression opportunities within the network.