IAG and Progression
In this work strand, we work to support advisers, outreach and admissions and anyone with an interest in supporting college learners progressing on to higher education, in all its forms. We also work directly with college learners in making informed choices and successful applications to higher education.
This work will include:
- Co-ordination of a collaborative HE IAG service, on request, for further education and sixth form colleges that are part of the Linking London partnership. This service, brokered by Linking London, will promote the HE offer of all partners, both HE in FE and university HE to students, along with providing generic information and advice on making HE choices and successful applications to HE. The offer includes the delivery of IAG HE surgeries at partner FE and sixth form colleges and HE IAG road-shows, co-ordinated by Linking London and delivered by our HE provider partners. These activities will also provide evidence of outreach and collaborative work for HE partner’s National strategy for access and student success (SASS).
- Staff development events to update the knowledge base of staff, including tutors, involved in helping students make effective HE choices and successful transitions.
- An IAG Practitioner Group, which meets five times a year, to explore issues relating to progression to HE and share good practice in the network.
- The development of a range of updated IAG resources, both online and printed, aimed at both learners and those involved in supporting learners progress to HE, accessed via our Linking London Partners' Area page.
- Production and dissemination of a monthly IAG newsletter.
- Access to staff expertise through our Advice Line on issues relating to HE progression in an increasingly complex and changing sector.