Linking London is a unique collaborative partnership of London higher education institutions, colleges and other members (City and Guilds, London Councils Young People Education and Skills team, OCN London, Pearson and unionlearn) who work collaboratively to maximise our contribution to targeted widening participation, student engagement and success, social mobility and in pursuit of improvements in social justice through education. We have been in existence since 2006. The core aims of our partnership are to support recruitment, retention and progression to and through higher education, in all its variety, including full and part-time, higher and degree apprenticeships and work-based learning into employment.
The need for partnership and collaborative working continues to be strong in these uncertain times. Membership of Linking London provides a forum for information sharing, problem solving and networking. This means that educationalists in London have a collective voice, across further and higher education, particularly with regard to improving social mobility in the capital.
We offer members:
- Staff development, events and networking opportunities
- A collaborative outreach and information, advice and guidance (IAG) service
- A higher education in further education (HE in FE) dedicated network
- A series of newsletters and publications to keep you up-to-date with the education sector
- Support for higher education provision that addresses the requirements of partners’ Access Agreement work
- A data research strand which focuses on the progression of college learners in London and up to date information about the London Labour Market
- A forum for keeping abreast of all the latest qualification developments, including three termly practitioner groups (Access to HE, BTEC and the TechBac)
- An experienced and dedicated central team to support, broker and work on your behalf
- A website which houses a range of Linking London produced resources for partners, a twitter feed and a blog
- We also have an extensive client database which facilitates communication and information sharing with partners